Friday, November 27, 2009

#10 Play around with Image Generators





Image generators are creative ways to express your thoughts, ideas, and photos into fun new images. I Google image generators as a search term, and came up with thousands of hits. Here’s how my process went. (The results are posted within this entry.)

1. At http://bighugelabs.com/ I made my own magazine cover using my husband as subject material. Really fun!

2. I made my own Ben&Jerry’s ice cream at: http://generatorblog.blogspot.com/2009/05/ben-jerry-ice-cream-maker.html

3. These generators are so popular that I went to a site to make some personalized license plates and got a message saying that the site was so busy it couldn’t handle the volume of users!

Also, I initially thought that image generators probably wouldn’t be of much use to a library. so I put on my creative thinking library cap and came up with the idea that it might be a fun way to engage teens. For example, libraries could have teens use image generators in a contest, and give prizes for the best entry. I’m curious, though, if there are any copyright issues that may arise.

One last thing, image generators are definitely a lot of fun, but always make sure to use good taste. What your close friends might think of as funny could be offensive to someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment