Friday, November 27, 2009

#18 Web-based Apps: They’re not just for desktops

I am in love with Zoho. This online tool is absolutely fabulous for many reasons. First of all, I would have loved to use it during my practicum. I misplaced my jump drive and could definitely have used this as a backup! The convenience and ease of accessing documents is great, as is the number of applications available.

In fact, I am using Zoho right now during the Thanksgiving celebrations at my parents. A nice excuse to be productive and get away from the family craziness for a little while!

Also, the ability to share documents is a nice feature to collaborate with others. As I, along with my Summer Reading Program co-coordinator plan for the 2010 program, we will definitely use this tool to update our schedule of activities and tasks. For people who work from home (and who doesn't these days?), it can eliminate the extra copies of revisions that get made between home and work.

No comments:

Post a Comment